Winter 2014
OWU Kicks Off the Renovation of Merrick Hall with an Anonymous $8 Million Donation

 

In June of 2013 OWU’s President Rock Jones announced an anonymous gift of $8 million to renovate Merrick Hall.

After being closed for nearly 25 years, the 19,000SF renovation of one of Ohio Wesleyan University’s oldest buildings on campus has begun. Built in 1873, Merrick Hall was originally home to numerous science departments and a natural history museum. It is the only building on campus constructed of blue limestone from a quarry west of the OWU campus and follows the style of Greek revival architecture.

The renovation will create new space featuring state-of-the-art classrooms and seminar spaces with innovative technology and be the new home for the OWU Connection curricular initiative. The renovation will also include an elegant event space on the third floor with soaring ceilings, gothic arches and large windows.  In addition to interior work, an exterior patio will be added to the building. Merrick Hall is one of 11 locations on campus that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

The project is scheduled for completion in Summer of 2015.

  

For more information contact:
Andrea Schmitt
614.457.6015

<< back to news

4790 Shuster Road Columbus, Ohio 43214 • 614.457.6015 • contact © Lincoln Construction